NPT Standards Committee
Published: 25 July 2022
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council Standards Committee
Appointment of Independent Members
The Council is inviting
applications from members of the public to become Independent Members of its
Standards Committee and I wonder if you could make any contacts who might be
interested in such a post aware of this.
An advert will shortly be published on
our website and in the local press.
The Standards Committee has functions relating to standards of conduct by Councillors and Town/Community Councillors within the County Borough. Post holders are remunerated only for attendance at meetings. There are four scheduled meetings per annum.To be eligible for appointment to the Standards Committee, an independent member must:-
- Satisfy the requirements for membership contained in the Local Government Act 2000 and Regulations made thereunder;
- Not be disqualified under Section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972 or any other enactment (see attached for further details);
- Be over 18 and preferably be a registered elector for the County Borough of Neath Port Talbot;
- Be a well-respected person of standing and good character who is independent both of the County Borough Council and Town/Community Councils in its area, and of local politics, and;
- Have a strong belief in pursuing and preserving ethical values in public life.
An application pack may be obtained from the Head of Legal and Democratic Services Civic Centre Port Talbot SA13 1PJ. Applications will close on the 1st September 2022. Enquiries regarding the Standards Committee or this appointment should be directed to Mr Craig Griffiths - Tel No. 01639 763767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org